Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default Punch down connectors

wrote:
On Sunday, 11 September 2016 11:10:42 UTC+1, Capitol wrote:

Krone strips are too big for the space available unfortunately.
Hence my looking for krone format compact strips.

Jelly crimps?

A lot can be fitted into a 4" adaptable box, but don't blame me if you get logic clicks breaking through on your audio lines.

Owain

Thanks for the thoughts. I reckon the most compact solution to the
problem is to use CAT5 plugs with Keystone sockets and using the sockets
as a patch panel. The plug contact current rating is in the 2A region,
which is adequate. The logic is slow, so shouldn't be important. All the
critical wiring is twisted pairs which helps and it's thicker than CAT5.
I now need to crack the problem of sending the 8 MHz bandwidth video
over the same coax as a UHF feed for 50M, without too many
losses/reflections. Fortunately that run has no power feed requirements
and I have spare CAT5 wires already in situ for the other signals.
Audio cross coupling may be a problem as there are 2 audio paths, but I
won't know until it's installed. Planning out 250M of wiring and
physically locating/building power supplies together with video
amplifiers is an interesting exercise. I'm glad I installed trunking
some years ago. it will not do everywhere, but it helps.