Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Removing a plug

Tim+ wrote:
Mending a broken wing mirror will be a lot easier if I can remove the cable
that passes through the centre of the bit I want to repair. I can only do
this if I can remove the individual wires from this plug. I dare say not
tricky but I'd rather not cock up and end up damaging the connector.

Those kind of connectors are a bit of a pain: there are one or two barbs
that you need to compress to pull the pin out.

You might have some luck with the tools designed to remove pins from PC
power supply cables, for example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phobya-PSU...l/191429316147

- they might do a better job than poking at it with a screwdriver.
Or else you could improvise a similar contraption.

Theo