Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default LED Bulb dying

In article t,
Ralph Mowery wrote:

I remember seeing some socket sets that had the lifetime guarantee.
They cost about $ 5. If oe broke you sent the old one back and $ 4.95
for shipping and handling to get it replaced.

That is why I do not like to buy through the mail. Within 90 days, I
expect a local dealer to replace or refund a defective item.

With regard to LED Bulb reliability, why should it be much different
from CFL Bulbs? I have taken some defective CFL Bulbs apart and found
the defect is mostly due to an electronic part failure. Often they do
not they last long enough for the Fluorescent tube to turn black from
use.

Fred