Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Meter put indoors?!

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
idual.net...

I guess on a newbuild the DNO fits a meter when they provide the
supply. If they didn't the first occupier would have to wait for
their choosen supplier to get around to fitting a meter. Of course
the DNO will fit the cheapest they can get...

Not IMHO. The DNO supply an electrical cut out and a double pole isolator.
The supplier connects/organizes the connection of the meter to the cutout
and the double pole isolator, the electrician then connects the CU tails to
the DP isolator.

A couple of years ago I wired up some newbuilds in a conservation area -
part of the PP requirement was that the electricity meters must NOT be in an
external meter box but be internal meters. I was told that external meter
boxes would look out of place! Well you have just built 5 houses on the
place so WTF is the complaint about having an extenal meter cabinet?

--
Adam