Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Punch down connectors

On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 21:32:26 +0100, Capitol wrote:

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el ,
escribió:

I don't want to use solder tagstrips or terminal strips. Any
sources/ideas anyone?

You cannot use "solder tagstrips" or "terminal strips" (by which I
assume you mean chocblock) with Cat5 cables and stay within spec.
Nowhere near, in fact.

Use the proper accessories for joining Cat5 cable.

It's not cat5 cable! or application.

Then Krone strips are really the best bet. 10 pairs per strip, use as
many strips as you need. The only problem is mounting them - they mount
best in a Krone box or simlar, but there are many sizes to choose from. I
use a 10-strip box as a telephone and auxiliary wiring centre.