Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Meter put indoors?!

On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 12:53:27 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

"Broadback" wrote in message
On 10/09/2016 08:47, Brian Gaff wrote:
The property was maybe turned into flats at some time and hence meters
were
put inside.

Mine is inside but the house is very old. I did ask if they might put it
outside when they put a new one in some time back, but they said come the
smart meters, it can be read remotely anyway.
Brian

I paid good money to have my electric meter moved outside. I certainly did
not want the meter reader coming into my house.

Most newbuild houses have the meters in an external meter cabinet.

I had mine moved outside when I had my cloakroom converted to a loo.
It was worth the money just to watch the guys cut and splice the PILC
"coax" live.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%