Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help - damaged the self assembly bookcase

On 09/09/16 20:00, AnthonyL wrote:
In a momentarily loss of concentration I picked up the 1" screws to
attach a fixing when I should have used the 1/2" screws - so I've
broken through to the other side of a chipboard laminated bookcase.

I've put the right screws in now and sod's law determined that when
everything was completed the damage is on an upper and visible
surface.

Any tips on hiding it? I've tapped the protrusions down a bit but
wonder if they should be soaked in water or maybe a bit of wood glue.

Can you glue some decorative discs on? One on the damage and perhaps 3
others completely symmetric so it looks like it is part of the design?