Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default Meter put indoors?!

On Fri, 09 Sep 2016 20:50:31 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote:
I just visited someone's house which was built a year or so ago on a new
estate. Her meter is inside the house! My house was built in 1979, and
even it has an outdoor meter box. What's more, her meter wasn't even digital?

I think most meters are 'inside' nowadays aren't they? It's the
exception for them to be outside.

How stupid. Outdoor boxes were a great invention, the meter reader doesn't have to get the householder in. Also makes cutting off the power easy for the fire brigade.

I've seen outdoor GAS meters on new build houses, in very flimsy brown plastic boxes on the GROUND! Won't be long before someone stands on it, trips on it, or even drives onto it when they're on the drive.

--
There are more men than women in mental hospitals - which just goes to show who's driving who crazy.