Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Diesel electric bus question

On 09/09/16 15:57, charles wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) explained :
Odd, really. If I spent my working day sitting on top of a clattering
vibrating diesel, I'd welcome some peace and quiet with lunch.

Diesels are hopeless in winter, if the idea is to keep the cab warm.
Hence why the fit 'night heaters'/ fuel burning heaters.

Possibly in the Russian winter - after all that's why Hitler didn't conquer
the USSR. But in the UK, diesels are fine, I've been driving a diesel
engined car for over 30 years (not the same one) and almost the entire road
haulage industry relies on diesels, It doesn't stop in the winter - except
for the occasional snowdrift

Mine has a fuel burning heater though. Engine is so efficient it doesnt
get hot enough in winter.

--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.