Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Diesel electric bus question

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Gawd how many delivery drivers turn off their engines when making a
drop, I've not found one yet.

There's a small Tesco close to here with a large and usually quiet
carpark. Much loved by white van man to park up in and eat his sandwiches.
And they always leave the engine running, summer or winter. Presumably
because they don't pay for the fuel.

Odd, really. If I spent my working day sitting on top of a clattering
vibrating diesel, I'd welcome some peace and quiet with lunch.

--
*Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.