Posted to uk.d-i-y
Josh[_11_] Josh[_11_] is offline

Default Anyone see the BBC prog on Sellafield?

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 08/09/16 12:01, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 08/09/16 09:42, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

He supports diversity and migration, but lives in a rich white suburb
of London, and has no black or Asian friends.

And he can't, I suppose, see the hypocrisy and irony in that.

He says he cant understand the Nazis. I tell him its just like animal
rights with guns, that's all. And he is being manipulated in identical
ways by identical propaganda.

Has he read any history books? He might understand them better if he
did (note for the dimwits he understanding does not imply approval).

Raised in Germany, he has read all the politically correct history
books, and has even had a whole course devoted to Nazism. He thinks he
knows far more about it than I do.

And yet after all that, he "can't understand the Nazis". Odd, really.
What does he think led to their rise, then?

Well exactly.

Are Germans just intrinsically evil?

He wants an excuse, to make sure he isn't. I try to tell him 'we would
all be guards at Auschwitz, if the alternative was to be an inmate'

Not everyone would and it is never that binary. And quite a few guards
behaved themselves too.