Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Whole house energy saver????

On Thursday, 8 September 2016 11:23:47 UTC+1, jim wrote:
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"harry" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 6 September 2016 20:12:05 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 6 Sep 2016 11:11:43 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKas...Y#t=543.672167

Snake oil!

Quite.

Ere, harry, I heard about a similar scam where 'some people' pay good
money to put solar panels on their roofs (possibly blighting their
houses and buying into obsolete technology) that *only* provides
energy when (and you will like this bit), during the sunny days (and
not at all at night) and very little when the sun isn't shining hard
or during the winter etc. However, in spite of that massive 'issue'.
you get other people (who have no choice in the matter) to *pay you*
for the energy your create, even if you use it yourself! Yeah, you
heard it right!

And get this, it's index linked and guaranteed for 20 years or so!

But I wonder what sort of person would stoop as low as to impose that
on anyone else eh, not anyone with a functioning moral compass that's
for sure! I best it's the same people who push in at the last second
on merging traffic or leave just as it's their round down the pub. ;-(

Oh, and I nearly forgot ... not only do those same 'people' (and this
really takes some believing) want to earn money off the rest of us for
their 'snake oil' scam, they *also* expect us to carry on powering
*them* when their panels aren't working (so that's at least 1/3 of
every year!).

You really couldn't make it up could you!!!

I hear there's free passes for buses which not everybody uses/gets.
Oh and schools which everybody has to pay for.

Not everyone does, most obviously
those whose entire income is benefits.

Erm VAT /sales tax? Or do they not buy anything either?

trouble is with VAT at 20% whatever they are buying only a 1/5 or less of the money spend is coming back, and the tax payer is giving them every penny they spend anyway.

of course you could explain it using an example. But you won't.
Thare's one in teh metro today page 8.
Basicaly a husband that is studying and his wife and 8 children are complaining that their 3 bed council house is to small and has rejected a 5 bed house as to tiny they want a bigger house.
They came from france and as they had nowhere to stay were put up in a hotel for 4 months.

So niether the kids nor the parents were working, so how does the UK profit from this situation and if it doesn't who's paying for it because ubnless money is self producing......... and has no limits.