Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default Door binding on frame - why?

On Wed, 07 Sep 2016 22:20:41 +0100, charles wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
wrote:
On Wed, 07 Sep 2016 21:34:54 +0100, charles
wrote:

In article , Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
critcher wrote:
On 07/09/2016 16:52, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
About 12 months ago a mate fitted 4 new decent quality interior
doors for us. He is brilliant with wood, I'm not. For the past week
one of the doors has been binding slightly on the casing. The
casing has not moved, the hinges are still tightly screwed in and
the joints on the door are not coming apart. Nothing heavy is hung
on the door, just a dressing gown. Door does not get direct
sunlight, house is not damp. House is about 50 years old, so I
doubt subsidence. I just sanded a bit off the offending part of the
door and it is now fine. Has anybody got any ideas why this door
should suddenly start to bind?
just rub the offending part with a candle.

HA! and Yeah. I did actually try a smear of Vaseline whilst looking
for the quick easy fix. It did not work.

But, thanks anyway :-)

a candle is wax, not petroleum jelly. All good woodworkers carry a
candle in their toolbox.

So do BDSM prostitutes.

and the relevance to a sticking door?

Who said it had to be relevant? Get your clothes off.

--
Drugs lead nowhere, but it's the scenic route.