Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Door binding on frame - why?

On 07/09/16 17:01, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
About 12 months ago a mate fitted 4 new decent quality interior doors for
us. He is brilliant with wood, I'm not.
For the past week one of the doors has been binding slightly on the
casing.
The casing has not moved, the hinges are still tightly screwed in and the
joints on the door are not coming apart.
Nothing heavy is hung on the door, just a dressing gown.
Door does not get direct sunlight, house is not damp.
House is about 50 years old, so I doubt subsidence.
I just sanded a bit off the offending part of the door and it is now
fine.
Has anybody got any ideas why this door should suddenly start to bind?

I have one that I have to sand down a bit most years. I think it's just
absorbing moisture from the air in summer.

Yep. Indoor humidity is max in summer.

"Saki"