Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default You think you have too much junk?

On 9/6/2016 1:37 PM, JW wrote:
[Do they have pack rats (rodents) in Oz?]

I get the feeling his wife probably left him. Hence the need for a new
house.

I've got a fair bit of kit -- stashed in various (creative!) places
around the house. But, with few exceptions, it's all "serviceable"
or "in use" -- not piles of untested cruft that I'd *hoped* to do
something with (e.g., SELL!), "someday". Test equipment purchased
over the years for various "one-off" jobs, prototypes, patent-proofs,
etc. Plus all sorts of "supplies" (you'd consider a box of spare
DVD-R/W's "supplies", wouldn't you? Likewise, a box of SCSI cables,
another box of patch cords, etc.? : )

SWMBO grumbles, pretty regularly. But, perhaps EQUALLY regularly,
she needs some-thing for some-reason and I deliver a-thing that
will satisfy that-need, in a matter of minutes!

Whew! Another week with THAT "talk" averted!