Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

Default You think you have too much junk?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulk-Lot-180...AOSwFe5Xx66 f

Think again.
This guy better re-think his pricing strategy...
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

At $10,500 per pallet US$, this sounds extremely expensive!!

If this was in the US, the most I would pay (including shipping) would be $1000 per pallet. Even that is a major risk without knowing the actual contents. You can buy store returns for around $1500 per pallet. At least there, you have an idea of the contents and the status of the units.

I think, I'll pass on this one.
Dan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 2:39:11 PM UTC-4, JW wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulk-Lot-180...AOSwFe5Xx66 f

Think again.
This guy better re-think his pricing strategy...

I would expect him to pay me at least AU$880,000 to take it away. Comes to only about AU$2/pound or AU4.40/kg.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On 9/6/2016 11:39 AM, JW wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulk-Lot-180...AOSwFe5Xx66 f

Think again.
This guy better re-think his pricing strategy...

"I started collecting buying selling fixing many years ago as a hobby..."

"My Home, Garage, four sheds, Carport, Driveway, front and back yard
is full of stuff"

....and it hasn't RAINED on ANY of this kit in ALL that time?

[Do they have pack rats (rodents) in Oz?]

A "scrap" PC -- unless it is something "precious" -- is worth about $10-20.
A pallet of PC's is worth maybe $500 (?). A pallet of (reasonably new -- then
how did HE come by them?) servers might be worth twice that -- assuming it is
a *full* pallet (~4'x4'x4')

Have a gander at what stuff goes for here, in bulk:

https://uaauctions.arizona.edu/

I'd be tempted to add up the prices of ALL the lots for one of
the "past auctions" to see what a "warehouse full of stuff" sells
for... (but, I have more interesting things to do!)
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Tue, 06 Sep 2016 13:03:06 -0700 Don Y
wrote in Message id: :

On 9/6/2016 11:39 AM, JW wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulk-Lot-180...AOSwFe5Xx66 f

Think again.
This guy better re-think his pricing strategy...

"I started collecting buying selling fixing many years ago as a hobby..."

"My Home, Garage, four sheds, Carport, Driveway, front and back yard
is full of stuff"

...and it hasn't RAINED on ANY of this kit in ALL that time?

By the looks of some of the stuff, yes!

[Do they have pack rats (rodents) in Oz?]

I get the feeling his wife probably left him. Hence the need for a new
house.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On 2016-09-06, JW wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulk-Lot-180...AOSwFe5Xx66 f

Think again.
This guy better re-think his pricing strategy...

He wants $13,888 per pallet of e-waste.

I would say he needs to find better medications...

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On 2016-09-06, JW wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulk-Lot-180...AOSwFe5Xx66 f

Think again.
This guy better re-think his pricing strategy...

He wants $13,888 per pallet of e-waste.

A perfectly reasonable "want", probably derived
from "I need X, I have Y, therefore I want X/Y
for each Y". All very logical, if unrealistic.

I'm cautious about making fun of someone with
unknown circumstances and problems. "There but
for the grace of god go I", and all that.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
says...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulk-Lot-180...AOSwFe5Xx66 f

Think again.
This guy better re-think his pricing strategy...

it's a smorgasboard!!!

Jamie

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On 9/6/2016 1:37 PM, JW wrote:
[Do they have pack rats (rodents) in Oz?]

I get the feeling his wife probably left him. Hence the need for a new
house.

I've got a fair bit of kit -- stashed in various (creative!) places
around the house. But, with few exceptions, it's all "serviceable"
or "in use" -- not piles of untested cruft that I'd *hoped* to do
something with (e.g., SELL!), "someday". Test equipment purchased
over the years for various "one-off" jobs, prototypes, patent-proofs,
etc. Plus all sorts of "supplies" (you'd consider a box of spare
DVD-R/W's "supplies", wouldn't you? Likewise, a box of SCSI cables,
another box of patch cords, etc.? : )

SWMBO grumbles, pretty regularly. But, perhaps EQUALLY regularly,
she needs some-thing for some-reason and I deliver a-thing that
will satisfy that-need, in a matter of minutes!

Whew! Another week with THAT "talk" averted!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2016-09-06, JW wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bulk-Lot-180...AOSwFe5Xx66 f

Think again.
This guy better re-think his pricing strategy...

He wants $13,888 per pallet of e-waste.

I would say he needs to find better medications...

Not just e-waste, but also sewing machines, mowers, sinks, etc. For two and a half million you can turn your home and land into this man's toilet...

Which reminds me of a Jeff Foxworthy quote: "Why do rednecks always have a lawnmower but never have a lawn?"

It's JUNK! No, it's ART! HeyBub[_3_] Woodworking 11 July 19th 10 02:09 AM
o/t: junk Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 1 March 21st 10 03:47 AM
junk Lew Hodgett[_5_] Woodworking 1 November 29th 09 07:53 PM
junk basilisk Woodworking 31 June 6th 09 09:50 PM
junk Lew Hodgett[_4_] Woodworking 1 June 3rd 09 09:00 PM