Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fixing to crappy wall

On 06/09/16 17:21, R D S wrote:
I've fit (fitted?) a banister to the mother in law's wall.
4 brackets, about 40mm round against wall, three screws in each.

3 went on OK, one is in an area where there is no solid wall.
I glued some plugs in but it's not happening.

At home i'd drill big holes and glue/hammer fat dowels in and screw into
that but I want to contain whatever destruction I cause behind the bracket

I can't decide what to do that would cause least disruption to the decor.

Ideas appreciated.

What is the wall construction? (As there are several types that "are not
solid")