Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stud Wall for Shed - Bracing and Spacing

On 06/09/16 14:35, Eugbug wrote:
So I'm building a timber framed and metal sheet cladded garden shed. It
will be approx 6m x 3m x 2.5m, constructed from 4 x 2s and bolted down
onto a concrete pad. The cladding sheets are just under a metre in
width.

Question - How closely should I space the studs? Should the studs
coincide with the edges of the metal cladding so that the vertical edges
of the cladding can be screwed to them rather than just screwing
adjacent sheets together with short screws?

I would get the joins on the studding - you know it's going to be better.

Would 1 metre be too far
apart to space the studs?

Do I need to brace the stud walls or would the metal sheets provide
sufficient bracing to stiffen everything up?