Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Buying strip brass

On 06/09/16 09:20, News wrote:

Bit of an odd question, but I would like to buy some thin brass strips,
but no idea how 'thin' when looking at quoted measurements.

What I would like is brass strip as used on old 4.5v batteries. Firm
yet springy. Does that make sense? What sort of thickness should I be
looking for? I know how long and wide I need.

I think that would be around 10-15 thou.

is that 0.4mm?

This is what you should find in a decent traditional model shop.

For springy you may need a phosphor bronze.

http://www.technobotsonline.com/strip-and-sheet.html

is probably a good bet if no model shop nearby.

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx