Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Buying strip brass

On 06/09/2016 09:20, News wrote:

Bit of an odd question, but I would like to buy some thin brass strips,
but no idea how 'thin' when looking at quoted measurements.

What I would like is brass strip as used on old 4.5v batteries. Firm
yet springy. Does that make sense? What sort of thickness should I be
looking for? I know how long and wide I need.

You can still buy the old 4.5v batteries although I think it is a
phosphor bronze rather than brass (try Wilkos or Amazon). You may be
able to get offcuts of brass strip from your local model engineering
club if you don't mind what shape they are. Won't be as springy as the
right stuff but it will probably work ok for long enough to be useful.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown