Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default GFCI Fuese

On Monday, September 5, 2016 at 9:51:03 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:

So, it sounds like your #3 has you and I in agreement. #3 is all that I was
trying to say from the get-go: "Properly installed" with one or more
downstream receptacles on the *line* side of the GFCI.

While you're at it, might as well correct Clare that there are more
than his 3 reasons for installing a GFCI outlet instead of a breaker.
I think one big reason he left out is for convenience. Put a GFCI in
the bathroom or kitchen and if it trips you can reset it right there,
without a trip to the breaker.