Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Lost alarm fob for Fiat 500

Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 17:08:10 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 05/09/16 13:17, Timothy Murphy wrote:
[quoted text muted]

IN general the dealership where you bought it will have all the info
necessary to order and supply a recoded fob.

I know in the past this was not the case. If you lost the master key
(which allowed duplicates to be programmed to the ECU) you were up ****
creek.

Of course, the tabloid press (which had been criticising lax car security
for decades) now grumbled it was *too* secure.

I'd also be a wee bit concerned about *where* the other key was lost. It
may be in the hands of a ne'er do well who is just waiting for the right
moment to "collect" the car.

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile