Posted to uk.d-i-y
Timothy Murphy[_2_] Timothy Murphy[_2_] is offline

Default Lost alarm fob for Fiat 500

Jethro_uk wrote:

Going back FIATs were sold with *3* keys. 2 regular, and a 3rd master key
which was required to program any replacement keys.

The *only* way to program new keys was with the supplied master. FIAT
kept no copies or details, and owners were impressed with the importance
of keeping the master key safe.

As I mentioned, in this case a card was provided,
with a warning not to lose it, and not to keep it in the car.
The card has 2 codes on it, an "Electronic Code" and a "Mechanical Code".
I assume these must contain the essential information.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net