Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default DIY ear-unblocking

On 04/09/2016 13:47, Chris wrote:
Hi all,

After a recent viral infection I find that after the little nasty had
attacked my tonsils, chest and given me a slight fever, it left me with
fluid (pus I would guess) in my middle ear which is proving remarkably
reluctant to drain away. The effect is like when you get out of a
swimming pool and find you have water lodged in one ear. The difference
is, you can't clear this in the same way as it's behind the ear drum. I
first noticed this 8 days ago. Any suggestions as to how to get rid?

It may be blocked sinuses - try steam - breathing in from a bowl of hot
water with a towel over your head. Perhaps add spearmint or peppermint.