Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Semi OT : Exhaust bracket/hanger replacement

On Sunday, 4 September 2016 10:45:19 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

FWIW I wish we could have the best of both worlds, the safety, economy
and roadholding of today's cars without all the rubbish they fit like
electric windows, remote control interior lights, bad attempts at
styling and so on.

I'd not like to go back to a car with manual windows. Which make it
difficult for the driver to open other than his own.

Remote control of interior lights? You mean remote unlocking, which
switches on the lights?

It's the improvement in vehicle electronics that not only improves the
engine efficiency, but makes such toys affordable. And if they are well
designed have a decent life too.

I bought one car used which would be described as fully loaded. The only
toy I found rather pointless was the memory electric seats and steering
column. Mainly because I was the only driver - it might well have been
handy on a car with more than one.

Pretty well all the others proved useful - even although I may not have
seen the point in them at first.

I've driven luxury cars heavily loaded and historic things without even a window winder handle. I'm perfectly happy with the latter, happier in fact. There's so much guff stuffed into modern cars that really achieves nothing that I can see but to pointlessly prise more money out of some. It doesn't interest me in the slightest.

One optional extra I would like is a floor. Having observed from a safe distance cars without, I'd like one.

NT