Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default OT Got out just in time.

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tim... wrote:
You're having a laugh, aren't you? You've been reading the Express
again. Where immigrants just come here to freeload off the welfare
system. And would never dream of taking a job which paid cash. Nor
would any employer think of such a thing.

The incidents of this are going down as penalties increase

I doubt penalties make much of a difference. I'd say most law abiding
citizens see nothing wrong in paying their window cleaner etc in cash.

we pay our window cleaner by bank transfer - that's the way he wants it.
But then, he's from eastern Europe with a flourishing businesss.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England