Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Semi OT : Exhaust bracket/hanger replacement

In article ,
wrote:
FWIW I wish we could have the best of both worlds, the safety, economy
and roadholding of today's cars without all the rubbish they fit like
electric windows, remote control interior lights, bad attempts at
styling and so on.

I'd not like to go back to a car with manual windows. Which make it
difficult for the driver to open other than his own.

Remote control of interior lights? You mean remote unlocking, which
switches on the lights?

It's the improvement in vehicle electronics that not only improves the
engine efficiency, but makes such toys affordable. And if they are well
designed have a decent life too.

I bought one car used which would be described as fully loaded. The only
toy I found rather pointless was the memory electric seats and steering
column. Mainly because I was the only driver - it might well have been
handy on a car with more than one.

Pretty well all the others proved useful - even although I may not have
seen the point in them at first.

--
*Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.