Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Got out just in time.

In article ,
tim... wrote:
You're having a laugh, aren't you? You've been reading the Express
again. Where immigrants just come here to freeload off the welfare
system. And would never dream of taking a job which paid cash. Nor
would any employer think of such a thing.

The incidents of this are going down as penalties increase

I doubt penalties make much of a difference. I'd say most law abiding
citizens see nothing wrong in paying their window cleaner etc in cash. And
any other 'domestics' they might employ. And a builder, etc, if he offers
a discount for cash.

To police the cash economy properly would require numbers no government
would entertain. And my guess is the same will apply to borders.

--
*And the cardiologist' s diet: - If it tastes good spit it out.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.