Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob_Villa Bob_Villa is offline

Default Replacement screws for a GE panel

On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 9:42:57 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I too had heard or read somewhere that the outlet grounding lug position should be on the top so that if anything was to fall on something plugged into the outlet it would hit the grounding lug rather than having a 50-50 chance of landing on the hot lead. This supposedly made it safer.

Wouldn't it be easier to make a receptacle plate that can deflect from above or below? A raised "V ridge. I've seen electric beds that have short-circuited an outlet from below when being raised.