Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Semi OT : Exhaust bracket/hanger replacement

In article ,
wrote:
Lots of cash is spent on pointless junk on cars. Modern cars are all
about a certain image of impression that to me means absolutely nothing.
A sense of disconnection with the road, naff pretentions of style etc
etc. Anyway, a rubber band is cheaper than a steel fixing plus slower
assembly.

Don't be silly. Even the very most expensive cars use insulating
suspension for the exhaust system.

You may not have noticed, but engines ain't bolted down either. The
exhaust is rigidly connected to the engine. If you bolt one down without
the other something would have to give...

--
*I don't suffer from insanity -- I'm a carrier

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.