Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Why do lithium batteries explode?

On Saturday, September 3, 2016 at 7:37:31 AM UTC-4, JJ wrote:
On Sat, 3 Sep 2016 16:37:42 +0800, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 3/09/16 09:02, JJ wrote:
On Sat, 3 Sep 2016 02:55:01 +0800, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

[snip]

Because of ignorance. What else?
Any battery would explode if its power is drained too fast.

You expert all consumer buyers of rechargeable batteries to be experts?

Who said it's the consumers' ignorance?

Either way... Even if they're experts, the batteries will always explode if
it's drained too fast.

Who says these Lion batteries he's talking about are exploding becaue
the consumers drained them too fast? How does a consumer with a cell
phone drain it too fast? Never seen a cell phone yet where it's sold
and spec'd saying it can only be used X mins continuously or it will
blow up. Just playing your silly game here, because of all the Lion
batteries that I've seen in the news that blew up, I haven't seen one
where it was attributed to draining it too fast. Most of them were
when they were being *charged*.