Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Semi OT : Exhaust bracket/hanger replacement

In article ,
wrote:
You can buy assorted sized rubber hangers in Halfords for about a quid
each. They'll last several years.

We lost a few per year, resulting in exhaust hanging down at risk of
breaking.

Are you certain you were using the correct ones? If simply hangers, I've
found they last many years. On the aftermarket exhaust on my old Rover,
they are horizontal at the tail pipe, so under much more tension (and a
bugger to fit). But still have a decent life. The ones I'm talking about
are a good 1/2" in diameter rubber. The same ones used as hangers in the
middle of the exhaust have lasted many many years.

I'd not be surprised if an exhaust place fitted lighter gauge ones -
easier to stretch - but obviously shorter life too.

--
*Plagiarism saves time *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.