Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacement screws for a GE panel

On Friday, September 2, 2016 at 9:57:53 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 18:51:19 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Friday, September 2, 2016 at 3:23:10 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 12:14:49 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Friday, September 2, 2016 at 6:44:05 AM UTC-5, Sportsdad7 wrote:
replying to Tony Hwang, Sportsdad7 wrote:
NO, you can't just use any screw. They MUST be blunt tip. No point is
allowed.
--

Unfortunately, 10 years ago, Tony was working on the electrical panel in his home when a small plane crashed into his house killing both he, the pilot and the 14 illegal aliens stuffed into every corner of the Cessna 172. He was survived by a wife, 2 ex wives, 12 children, 5 dogs, 10 cats, 3 horses, a herd of zebra and 632 gerbils. The gerbils were so distraught, that one by one, they dived into the running garbage disposal in the kitchen sink. They were very polite and patient, each of them waited for the squeak and grinding noise of the preceding gerbil to stop before diving into the disposal. It was a real tragedy. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Sink Monster

Oh stop it. Ed e-Mailed Tony some weeks ago. His ISP stopped NNTP
service so he didn't bother finding a free NNTP server. Tony lives in
Canada. No animals were harmed during the discovery that Tony is safe
with his family.

Hey Tony, we miss you.

Oh, btw, my breaker panel cover is missing a blunt screw.

Grind the point off a sharp one. I used to do it all the time if I didn't have any extra panel screws in my hardware kit on the truck. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Screwy Monster

Grind?? What's a diagonal cutter for? My dad broke the handles opff
a few trying to trim screws that were too big or too hard. He
generally kept a few notched ones (made by believing someone else when
they said the power was off) for that kind of use. (worked pretty good
as wire strippers too)

My Klein lineman's pliers would cut just about anything. The pliers have hardened cutting edges. I've had several and I think I had/have the high leverage version too. Those gol dern thangs are dang near indestructible. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Klein Monster