Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Replacement screws for a GE panel

bob_villa
Fri, 02
Sep 2016 17:34:31 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Friday, September 2, 2016 at 10:57:35 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03
wrote:
On Friday, September 2, 2016 at 9:59:31 AM UTC-4, Unquestionably
Confused wrote:
On 9/2/2016 6:44 AM, Sportsdad7 wrote:
replying to Tony Hwang, Sportsdad7 wrote:
NO, you can't just use any screw. They MUST be blunt tip.
No point is allowed.

Better late than never. You're responding to a TEN YEAR OLD
POST! (that was already answered)

Although, to his credit, he is the only one that mentioned "blunt
tip".

Everybody else just basically said "any screw will do".

Here's a good reason why "any screw will *not* do":

http://inspectapedia.com/electric/ElecHaz206-DFs.jpg

Although I understand the reason for safety and codes, most screws
(on home breakerboxes) are in the corners. And wires don't easily
make right-angle bends. Just my perception on it.

No, but, sometimes a lazy electrician/wannabe and/or home owner who
doesn't care about the pleasant looking panel aspects might leave
wires chilling a bit too far towards the sides. Some might say parts
of the code is all about keeping stupid from being dead.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That