Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bought new home, some flood lights come on some times, othersother times

On 9/2/16 4:52 PM, Ron wrote:

Not sure why you see frequent failures like that. Maybe your environment?
Our bulbs go on at dusk, off at dawn and last about 22,000 hours.
Winter lows are typically 20F and summer highs of 90F with lots of
humidity.

Also, outdoor wire-nutted connections should be coated with appropriate
grease
and oriented in the j-box so any water runs off instead of into the nut.
(Think
upside-down coffee cup.)

We've been using these for underground wire splices. They're
good for
outdoor use. And, silicone filled or not, open end down as you said.
Amazon: http://alturl.com/evu7h