Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Got out just in time.

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
charles wrote
whisky-dave wrote
charles wrote
whisky-dave wrote

So what other products can;t we buy because we lack a trade deal ?

You have been told on a number of occasions: trade deals
are NOT about stopping goods being sold, they're about
how much duty/tax the receiving country adds to the cost.

Yes I know, what I want to know is
WHY there is this added duty or cost.

I told you befo to protect the industries in the importing
country.

That is a tarrif NOT tax or duty,

A tariff is just another word for a duty and both are a tax.

Like VAT you mean

VAT is indeed another tax which just happens to have word
tax in its name to help terminal ****wits such as yourself.

But removed if you're not living in the EU.

Because those who dont live in the EU pay their equivalent
of the VAT when they import it into their country.

So it;s a tax on where you live

Just like all taxes are. Even someone as stupid as you
should have noticed that there are no universal taxes
that apply to everyone regardless of where they live.

and NOT the product but teh country yuo are going to use it in.

Just like with their equivalent of the VAT.

that we pay while in teh EU but those
not in the EU get the VAT back.

That's exports, tariffs and duty applys to IMPORTS.

I see

Nope, you never did, because you are always completely
blotto and have wanked yourself completely blind with
your pathetic excuse for trolling.

the UK doen;t imnport iphones then.

The EU doesnt, legally they come from Eire, which even
a terminal ****wit such as yourself would have noticed is
part of the EU, if you weren't always completely blotto.

Yes, there is a duty that applys to computers that
come from the US to Britain.

No there isn't

Yes there is.

what is it then.

a duty that applys to computers that come from the US to Britain.

check the prices .

Check the legislation.

iphone SE in the states from $399.
iphone SE in the UK from £359 (includes £59.83) VAT
exchange rate of $399 would make the iphone £300.

THE IPHONE DOESNT COME FROM THE US, IT COMES FROM EIRE.

no it comes from china.

Legally the iphone comes from Eire so no duty is payable.

So if I wasnl;t a resident in the UK and could get the VAT/tarriff
back. which is pretty much the same price as the USA.

THE IPHONE DOESNT COME FROM THE US, IT COMES FROM EIRE.

it comes from china.

Legally the iphone comes from Eire so no duty is payable.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/19/...-ahead-sep-25/

Just days after iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus pre-orders began shifting to
"Preparing
for Shipment" status on the Apple Online Store, several customers in the
United States
and abroad have received notice that the smartphones are now shipping from
China
for estimated delivery on September 25.

Irrelevant to what is the legal position with iphones that show up in
Britain.

No duty is due because legally they are coming from Eire.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/01/tech...land-cork-tax/