Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Got out just in time.

On 02/09/16 17:26, charles wrote:
In article ,
bert wrote:
In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
The EU is more than a simple trade agreement.

That's where the problem lies yes, with perhaps a dozen or 15
countries manangable but with 27, and plans to extend the problems
will get worse. Which is why other countries haven't tried a similar
thing of that scale.

Of course they have. The United States of America isn't so different. Or
even just the UK.

And many of the leavers on here would be happy to see Scotland and
Ireland leave the UK

Ireland isn't part of the UK.

but - the North is and might join with the South to remain in the EU since
there is an open border between the two at present. [part of the Dublin
Peace Accord]

TBH after the EUs Apple ruling I can see the south leaving the EU as well..

That opens the door for a much tighter integration between Eire and NI.

In the end all this nationalism ******** is just - ********. UKs
countries and Irish republic have no advantages to being enemies.

I suspect the way forward will be a loss association of NW European
countries that form their own trading blocs.

The EU isn't dead yet, but it sure is starting to smell..

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)