Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default TV in kitchen - regs?

On 02/09/2016 16:36, Bert Coules wrote:
Owain wrote:

Doesn't provide channel changing though.

That does seem to be a stumbling point. If I put a DAB tuner with its
own amp in a central location, and then find a way to feed the output of
the amp to four or five different rooms (if such a way exists) then I
would need control over the tuner (up/down through preset channels) and
the amp (volume only) from each room. I don't know if that can be done.

Would you be happy to use a smart phone or tablet to do the controlling?

For an out of the box solution you could look at the Sonos speakers.
They do a very good job of keeping in sync while streaming to multiple
speakers over a mixture of ethernet and wifi.

--
Cheers,

John.