Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV in kitchen - regs?

In article ,
wrote:
On Friday, 2 September 2016 15:30:53 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
I'd like to be able to walk into any room and select what I hear and
the volume I hear it at from a control (wall mounted, maybe?) in
that room. There would ideally be a single centralised source which
fed a signal to every room.

TBH, this is where Id be thinking of running '100V line' kit round the
house....

That is what I did (I had some spare wiring from a former underfloor
heating installation).

Doesn't provide channel changing though. I suppose it might be possible
to extend the 'up' and 'down' buttons on the DAB radio round the house
too.

100v line isn't ideal these days. Not where you want a semblance of
quality.

It dates from the days when amplifiers were very expensive and sound
quality didn't much matter. It tends to be reserved for public address
systems these days.

--
*Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.