Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV in kitchen - regs?

In article ,
Bert Coules wrote:
I didn't explain that very well.

I'd like to be able to walk into any room and select what I hear and the
volume I hear it at from a control (wall mounted, maybe?) in that room.

There would ideally be a single centralised source which fed a signal to
every room.

I did this with audio many many years ago. I have 5 analogue stereo
circuits running round the house. One carries the audio from the main
sound system in the lounge. The other four have radio tuners - preset to
those I listen to.

The TV in the kitchen has an HDMI feed from the PVR in the lounge - but I
usually have the sound via the analogue system.

The big snag when you go to any form of digital for audio is differing
delays. Very annoying if you can hear two at once.

--
*Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.