Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default TV in kitchen - regs?

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Basically you will need NFS server for linux clients...

Apart from material I've downloaded, all my audio and video collection is on
old-fashioned CDs and DVDs (and audio cassettes, VHS tapes and reel-to-reel
tapes). I've considered copying it all onto hard disks but it's a somewhat
daunting thought and in truth I like having the individual items on my
shelves. I ought to do it for the older and more fragile stuff though.

Away from TV, I'd like to set up a system which would essentially have the
same effect as putting a DAB radio into every room (which of course I could
do, but I'm interested in alternatives): from some centralised source I'd
like to be able to select a channel and control the volume in each room.
The source would only ever have to provide one channel at a time, though I'd
like to be able to play it in more than one room simultaneously if I wanted.

What would be the simplest way to achieve that?

Thanks.

Bert