Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Got out just in time.

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
charles wrote
whisky-dave wrote
charles wrote
whisky-dave wrote

So what other products can;t we buy because we lack a trade deal ?

You have been told on a number of occasions: trade deals
are NOT about stopping goods being sold, they're about
how much duty/tax the receiving country adds to the cost.

Yes I know, what I want to know is
WHY there is this added duty or cost.

I told you befo to protect the industries in the importing country.

That is a tarrif NOT tax or duty,

A tariff is just another word for a duty and both are a tax.

Like VAT you mean

VAT is indeed another tax which just happens to have word
tax in its name to help terminal ****wits such as yourself.

that we pay while in teh EU but those
not in the EU get the VAT back.

That's exports, tariffs and duty applys to IMPORTS.

So yes a tax leveled on those in the EU.

do you NOT know the differnece.

There is no difference.

I thought the idea was to have tarrif free trade in teh EU if you
agreed to the free movement of people but it seems a tax is
still piad but as long as we don;t call it a tarrif then that's ok.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

It's best NOT to have a trade deal.

If you want to pay more for goods, fine.

Are you saying we're paying more for computers
because we haven't a trade deal with the USA. ?

Yes, there is a duty that applys to computers that
come from the US to Britain.

No there isn't

Yes there is.

check the prices .

Check the legislation.

iphone SE in the states from $399.
iphone SE in the UK from £359 (includes £59.83) VAT
exchange rate of $399 would make the iphone £300.

THE IPHONE DOESNT COME FROM THE US, IT COMES FROM EIRE.

So if I wasnl;t a resident in the UK and could get the VAT/tarriff back.
which is pretty much the same price as the USA.

THE IPHONE DOESNT COME FROM THE US, IT COMES FROM EIRE.