Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Got out just in time.

On Thursday, 1 September 2016 22:10:48 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
charles wrote
whisky-dave wrote
charles wrote
whisky-dave wrote

So what other products can;t we buy because we lack a trade deal ?

You have been told on a number of occasions: trade deals
are NOT about stopping goods being sold, they're about
how much duty/tax the receiving country adds to the cost.

Yes I know, what I want to know is WHY there is this added duty or
cost.

I told you befo to protect the industries in the importing country.

That is a tarrif NOT tax or duty,

A tariff is just another word for a duty and both are a tax.

Like VAT you mean that we pay while in teh EU but those not in the EU get the VAT back. So yes a tax leveled on those in the EU.

do you NOT know the differnece.

There is no difference.

I thought the idea was to have tarrif free trade in teh EU if you agreed to the free movement of people but it seems a tax is still piad but as long as we don;t call it a tarrif then that's ok.

It's best NOT to have a trade deal.

If you want to pay more for goods, fine.

Are you saying we're paying more for computers
because we haven't a trade deal with the USA. ?

Yes, there is a duty that applys to computers that
come from the US to Britain.

No there isn't check the prices .

iphone SE in the states from $399.
iphone SE in the UK from £359 (includes £59.83) VAT
exchange rate of $399 would make the iphone £300.

So if I wasnl;t a resident in the UK and could get the VAT/tarriff back.
which is pretty much the same price as the USA.