Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default How to checkover a used plunge router?

On Friday, September 2, 2016 at 11:02:00 AM UTC+1, fred wrote:
On Friday, September 2, 2016 at 8:45:14 AM UTC+1, jim wrote:
a used Trend FT2000e router has been offered to me, all seems
there incl instructions!

Any opinions on the machine?

Also it appears to be a bargain so what checks would be advised
before buying?

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Check all collets for damage and ensure they fit
Check plunge and plunge lock mechanism
Plug in stand back and switch on. It should run smoothly. Chuck bit and check for concentricity.
Try it out on piece of scrap wood.

If its clean and has no obvious external damage youre probably good to go.
If its obviously well used and has various scratches and dings be cautious.

Incidentally I do have this Freud machine. Plenty of power but a bit agricultural and not as smooth running as my old Elu routers