Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Got out just in time.

whisky-dave wrote
charles wrote
whisky-dave wrote
charles wrote
whisky-dave wrote

So what other products can;t we buy because we lack a trade deal ?

You have been told on a number of occasions: trade deals
are NOT about stopping goods being sold, they're about
how much duty/tax the receiving country adds to the cost.

Yes I know, what I want to know is WHY there is this added duty or
cost.

I told you befo to protect the industries in the importing country.

That is a tarrif NOT tax or duty,

A tariff is just another word for a duty and both are a tax.

do you NOT know the differnece.

There is no difference.

It's best NOT to have a trade deal.

If you want to pay more for goods, fine.

Are you saying we're paying more for computers
because we haven't a trade deal with the USA. ?

Yes, there is a duty that applys to computers that
come from the US to Britain.

So we donl;t need a trade deal with the whole of the EU just Eire.

Ireland can't make trade deals on its own if it's part of the EU.

So how does it trade with the USA on it's own, or with teh EU.

Stop asking silly questions

well stop giving silly answers.

Nothing silly about his answers.

yeah sure. Where do you think the parts come from.
Most of teh iphones are assembled in Taiwan NOT china.
The individual parts are sourced from all over the world.

No. Mainland China - which has become the world's factory.

all over the world, you really don't know much about this do you.

I was referring to where the assembly takes place.

It takes place in many places.

Wrong, as always. Just in China.

IsTaiwan part of mainland china .

No - it's an island! You maop shows that
the processor is mad there, though.

What about switzerland ?

What has that got to do with Apple products.

As you know nothing you'll now ask why

http://www.techinsider.io/where-ipho...me-from-2016-4

The camera is made in japan. a lot of the rare materials
come from the congo area of africa via foxxcon.

And all the parts form all over the world go to
mainlanmd China - as shown on your map - as I said.

So don't come from the USA.

He never said it did.