Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Got out just in time.

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Apple does not have a trade agreement with Eire the EU or the UK.

Wrong with Eire.

Right with Eire.

Apple does in fact have a deal with Eire to get them
to setup there instead of somewhere else in the EU.

Nothing in the case of an iphone because in theory those arent
coming from the US, same with all other Apple products.

So nothing comes from the USA

Wrong with the software.

you're the one that says nothing comes from the USA not me.

That nothing of mine was about the PRICE of the iphone,
not what bits of the iphone come from the US.

as long as we know.

SO we don't need a trade deal with the USA then do we.

There might just be more involved in the trade with the US than just
Apple.

So what other products can;t we buy because we lack a trade deal ?

Never said there was anything that Britain can't buy from the
US because there is no bilateral trade deal with the US. In fact I
have always said the exact opposite, that trade is always possible
without any bilateral trade deal at all and even a terminal ****wit
such as yourself should have noticed that the by far the most
comprehensive trade deal the world has ever seen, the WTO
had both Britain and the US massively involved in setting it up.

currencies have always fluctuated that's what the EU was
really all about leveling the field across the whole of europe

Wrong, as always.

right as always that's why europe went the way of the Euro to eliminate
exchange rates and currancy fluctuations between EU counties.

That isnt what the EU was really all about. The euro came later.

but it failed with the Euro.

Not yet it hasnt.

It';s been failing

Even sillier than you usually manage.

but what option do they have left join the
pound and admit defeat or call them dollars.

The other obvious option is to **** over the worst of
the EU like Greece and make them get their act into
gear. And that is precisely what they have done.

What differnce would a trade deal with teh USA
make to someone in teh EU buying an idevice can
you at least answer a simple question like that.

The trade in those would be unaffected because legally
they are being supplied from Eire, not from the USA.

but how to they get to Eire

In a legal sense they come from China to Eire. In practice
they come directly from China to where they are sold.

Does teh EU have a trade deal with china then ?

Doesnt need one. And both are involved in the WTO anyway.

Do we buy apple computers in yen,

Nope, Japan is irrelevant.

dollars or euros .

Dollars, because that's what Apple wants.

they donlt have a trade deal with the USA

Dont need to because legally they are coming
from Eire with what ends up in europe.

So we donl;t need a trade deal with the whole of the EU just Eire.

Dont NEED a trade deal with Eire either.

so somehow products designed in the USA manufacutred
in china get sent to Eire for shipping to the UK.

Nope, they get shipped directly from China to Britain
with the stuff that is sold to the end user in Britain.

But we don't need a trade deal to do that.

Duh. But have by far the most comprehensive trade
deal the world has ever seen, the WTO, anyway.

Tell me how they get from teh USA to EIre when
there's no trade deal bewteen the countires.

Dont need a trade deal to be able to trade.

And nothing comes from the USA to
Eire trade wise anyway with iphones.

yeah sure.
Where do you think the parts come from.

Mostly from China, some from Korea. None
of the parts come from the US with iphones.

Most of teh iphones are assembled in Taiwan NOT china.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

The individual parts are sourced from all over the world.

**** all of them come from other than China and Korea.

What constraints.... there were none.

Wrong. There were in fact plenty of constraints on trade back then.

Not as many as there are now.

Wrong, as always.

What laws were there on trade 2000+ years ago.

What the romans had.