Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ohger1s@gmail.com is offline

Default can i connect an LCD VGA monitor in place of a crt?

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 9:47:06 PM UTC-4, wrote:
i am trying to repair a video slot machine. the monitor image is not correct. the image is shifted to the left and cut off. there is a black vertical bar, about 15% of the screen size in the right 3/4 of the screen . to the right of that is the beginning of the image that is shifted to the left. i took the monitor to a repair shop, and he says the monitor/chassis is ok.. i'm not too sure about that. a different mpu in the slot has the same result. its a tatung VT-1440S monitor, VGA . i would like to hook up a desktop vga monitor.

i posted an image from the slot schematics he
http://s408.photobucket.com/user/mho...GA%20interface

is it possible to hook up the LCD monitor to test the machine? i made a cable with a female db-15 and individual pins on the other end.

thanks much
mike

When my buddy was in the vending business, I repaired several hundred of his monitors, many just like this one. I seem to recall a horiz phase adjustment on the main board. Sometimes just tweaking this pot would lock in the picture.

If the board has never been recapped, it's time to do this. Go to Digikey and select low ESR high hour caps (I prefer Panasonic) and shotgun the board.