Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default car battery, limited use, newish not taking a charge

On Thu, 01 Sep 2016 09:59:17 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Scott M wrote:
harry wrote:

NOT a good idea on some modern cars.
The on board computer may loose it's program if disconnected.

Is there, literally, anything you're not wrong about?

*Tsk*. Lose not loose and its, not it's. On board should either be one
word or hyphenated. The rest of it's ******** too. ;-)

So, it *is* ok after all, for me to add "onboard" to Pan's dictionary
instead of hyphenating "on board"? :-)

I guess Harry's ghostly presence[1] isn't totally useless after all.
Who'd have known? :-)

[1] That ghastly presence of a killfiled[2] troll which manifests itself
as quotage[3] within other posters'[4] follow ups.

[2] Yet another compound word that I've added to Pan's dictionary too!

[3] A more questionable addition to Pan's dictionary but Urban dictionary
and wordnik suggest this is likely to make it into the OED within a
decade or so. I'm just anticipating (and doing my 'bit' to assist) this
"official endorsement". :-)

[4] That is of course, posters who either aren't aware of the killfile
filter, see Harry as a source of amusement rather than as a festering pit
of toxic misinformation (the opposite of a "Font of Knowledge") or else
simply CBA to utilise the killfile filter to "Send him to Coventry" in
the first place.

--
Johnny B Good