Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Got out just in time.

On Thursday, 1 September 2016 11:56:48 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote

Apple does not have a trade agreement with Eire the EU or the UK.

Wrong with Eire.

Right with Eire.

Nothing in the case of an iphone because in theory those arent
coming from the US, same with all other Apple products.

So nothing comes from the USA

Wrong with the software.

you're the one that says nothing comes from the USA not me.

as long as we know.

SO we don't need a trade deal with the USA then do we.

There might just be more involved in the trade with the US than just Apple.

So what other products can;t we buy because we lack a trade deal ?

currencies have always fluctuated that's what the EU was
really all about leveling the field across the whole of europe

Wrong, as always.

right as always that's why europe went the way of the Euro to eliminate exchange rates and currancy fluctuations between EU counties.

but it failed with the Euro.

Not yet it hasnt.

It';s been failing but what option do they have left join the pound and admit defeat or call them dollars.

What differnce would a trade deal with teh USA make to someone in teh
EU buying an idevice can you at least answer a simple question like
that.

The trade in those would be unaffected because legally
they are being supplied from Eire, not from the USA.

but how to they get to Eire

In a legal sense they come from China to Eire. In practice
they come directly from China to where they are sold.

Does teh EU have a trade deal with china then ?
Do we buy apple computers in yen, dollars or euros .

they donlt have a trade deal with the USA

Dont need to because legally they are coming
from Eire with what ends up in europe.

So we donl;t need a trade deal with the whole of the EU just Eire.

so somehow products designed in the USA manufacutred
in china get sent to Eire for shipping to the UK.

Nope, they get shipped directly from China to Britain
with the stuff that is sold to the end user in Britain.

But we don't need a trade deal to do that.

Tell me how they get from teh USA to EIre when
there's no trade deal bewteen the countires.

Dont need a trade deal to be able to trade.

And nothing comes from the USA to
Eire trade wise anyway with iphones.

yeah sure.
Where do you think the parts come from.
Most of teh iphones are assembled in Taiwan NOT china.
The individual parts are sourced from all over the world.

What constraints.... there were none.

Wrong. There were in fact plenty of constraints on trade back then.

Not as many as there are now.

Wrong, as always.

right as always.
What laws were there on trade 2000+ years ago.
Did everyone have to wear PPE too, what were the speed limits on the roads.
How did Australia keep all the immigrants out ?

the rest of your silly **** flushed where it belongs