Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT The joys of BT

On 01/09/16 10:57, tony sayer wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus
On 31/08/16 06:35, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , tony sayer
escribió:

No its a standard product here now, its called the 200 meg service but
on all the speed tests we've done its past that by a bit.

Isn't G.fast supposed to be up to 300Mbps?

I'm on a solid 40 now, with a solid 80 available if I want it, so by the
time G.fast gets here...

I've been on the internet since the word 'go' and frankly right now I
couldn't use much more download speed. 15Mps is fast enough to get most
of what I want in a perfectly assccpetable time.. I'd rather have more
upload speed. When it takes minutes to send a 50Mbyte file to the
lawyers....or upload it to my private 'cloud'

Don't you just send it and leave it to its own devices?.

Even games - well the server I play against is the other side of a
transatlantic pipe with 80ms delay on it. Doesn't matter how fast my
local link is..

Never pictured you as a gamer;!...

Not really much of one. But this one is an MORPG and I find it fills a
few hours

But Marxism is the crack cocaine.